Has studying always intimidated you? Or perhaps you are one of those that believe you do not need to study because you are always getting away with the minimum? Imagine how well you would do if you did study! Contrary to popular believe, people are not born with study skills. Study skills are acquired.
People are not born with study skills. Study skills are acquired!
The purpose of this course is to provide parents with the assistance they need to help their children study.
- Help your learner to find their happy place so that they can function optimally.
- Understand the concept of neural pathways.
- Understand how to use telling stories to improve memory.
- Understand the learning process.
- Understand how to use scaffolding to learn new things.
- Understand the foundation of studying.
- Understand the different learning styles.
- Understand different learning tools.
- Understand the importance of memorising.
SAHCET will present Study Skills for Parents on 8 February 2024 at 19:00 as a 30 minute webinar. Interested people can stay and participate in a 30 minute discussion afterwards.
Linked to the webinar is a short e-course with much more detail that you can complete in your own time.
SAHCET awards badges for course progress as well as completion.
This course is free of charge. If you would like a certificate of attendance, there will be a small fee for that.
Register Now for This Course
By completing the form SAHCET will enroll you in the course for Study Skills for Parents. If you do not receive a receipt for your registration within 3 days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive notification one week ahead of the webinar. After the webinar, you will receive access to the e-course.
Are you interested in SAHCET’s other short courses?
Follow the link to see what is available.